Next week RSSB will be at the 11th World Congress of Rail Research in Milan.
This international event will bring together industry leaders and researcher experts from 28 countries to promote the value and benefits of railway research, technical innovation and worldwide cooperation. RSSB are founding members of the congress and have been working closely with representatives from Italy, France, Germany, Japan and America to develop an interesting programme.
RSSB will be presenting the following research projects:
- Tomorrow's railway and climate change adaptation: Enabling targeted investment in adaptation measures
- The contribution of earthworks to track damage
- The operation of trains through flood water
And an update on recent projects being delivered through RSSB's partnership with the University of Huddersfield:
- Big data risk analysis for railway safety
- Developing a train braking system performance model.