Safety Management Intelligence System Advisory Group
The Advisory Group should add value and promote best practice through:
- Influencing and initiating changes to the system(s)
- Providing input to the Supplier and the System Owner(s)
- Providing expertise and an expert forum for the system(s)
- Promoting consensus, enabling rapid communication/consultation thereby reducing lead times for changes
- Appointing experts to the ‘List of Experts’
- Nominating representatives to the Advisory Panel
- Facilitating improvements in data quality
- Determining training requirements and monitoring the training provided
- Organising and supporting initiatives to improve communications amongst users
- Improving system documentation.
Message from the chair
The group’s membership is made up of the following industry categories:
- passenger train operators
- freight and other non-passenger train operators
- infrastructure managers and owners
- suppliers and rolling stock manufacturers
The person who should attend the User Group should able to implement and influence changes to SMIS input/data extraction processes.
This could be the manager of a team of SMIS inputters, an experienced data analyst, or the only SMIS user within an organisation. This person will be the key contact used by RSSB to disseminate information, gain opinion on changes to SMIS, etc. Ideally only one person per organisation should attend.