Freight Technical Committee
The purpose of the Freight Technical Committee (FTC) is to:
- Consider technical matters relating to the design, construction, maintenance, repair, interfaces, operation, knowledge, updates, and standards applicable to freight vehicles
- Develop joint FTC Rail Industry Standards and Codes of Practice for freight vehicles.
The scope to include both domestic and European registered vehicles.
The group reports to the Rolling Stock Standards Committee.
Message from the chair
The Freight Technical Committee has members representing these industry stakeholders:
- freight and other non-passenger train operators
- infrastructure managers and owners
- Private Wagon Federation
- invited technical experts.