Vehicle Communications Advisory Group
The scope of the Body Vehicle Communications Advisory Group (VCAG) is described within its remit.
VCAG covers the mandated systems for train communication, voice, and data:
- Cab Secure Radio (CSR) National Radio Network (NRN) Radio bearer aspects of Radio Electronic Token Block (RETB) Global System Mobile Communication – Public (GSM-P) GSM-R and Interim Voice Radio System (IVRS) ERTMS data bearer over GSM-R Any systems identified by FC&PS AG or V/TC&C SIC
The VCAG can work as a drafting review group for standards on telecommunication protocols for optional systems as they arise, such as:
- Radio frequency identification systems (RFID)
- Driver advisory systems (DAS)
Message from the chair
A representative from each of the following organisations/sectors:
- passenger train operators
- rolling stock owners and leasing companies
- infrastructure managers and owners
- suppliers and rolling stock manufacturers
- Office of Rail and Road (observer).