For any queries regarding the submissions process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like you to participate in the conference by submitting an abstract for a paper, workshop, discussion or a poster. We welcome submissions on any Rail Human Factors related topic covering, but not limited to:
- Systems ergonomics
- Train driving models and performance
- Ergonomics design in control facilities, train cabs and rolling stock
- Train control systems, including ERTMS/ETCS, class B systems, GSM-R and automatic train operation (ATO)
- Signals and signage; SPADs
- Traffic management and driver advisory systems
- Signaller performance, workload, situation awareness
- Team working
- Systems safety, risk management and incident reporting
- Accident and incident investigation
- Safety culture
- Staff selection, competence and training
- Fatigue risk management, work hours, breaks, shift work and on-call work
- Human error and human reliability
- Maintenance, engineering and track work
- Engineering trains, road/rail vehicles and on-track plant
- Isolations and electrical work processes
- Platform-train interface
- Station design; passenger information systems, CCTV and crowd management
- Level crossings safety, design and operation
- Trespass, vandalism and suicide
- Ergonomics regulation, standards and guidelines
- Resilience engineering and rail systems design trade-offs
- Sustainable railways
- Added value and cost benefits in rail ergonomics/human factors
Abstracts will be peer reviewed by a selection panel drawn from the conference organising committee.
All submissions had to be submitted by 22 May 2017.
All successful submitters of papers, workshops, discussions and posters must register and pay to attend the conference. Registrations are not complete until full payment is received and confirmed.
Submissions and conference registration is being handled by the conference management system Ex Ordo.