Railway Industry Supplier Approval Scheme
RISAS is the Railway Industry Supplier Approval Scheme, which ensures key suppliers can become recognised as best-in-class at delivering on the most challenging and high-risk aspects of rail vehicle maintenance, repair and overhaul.
The scope of the Rail Industry Supplier Qualification Scheme Committee (RISQS Committee) is defined in its Terms of Reference and is responsible for:
- Policy and strategy
- Development of the RISQS commercial model
- Communications and promotion Management, including business planning Appeals Feedback, including performance measures
- Getting approvals from the RSSB Board for any material expansion in RISQS or the board’s activities, or where RSSB’s liabilities may be materially affected Board operating protocols.
Message from the chair
- passenger train operators
- rolling stock owners and leasing companies
- freight and other non-passenger train operators
- infrastructure managers and owners
- infrastructure contractors
- suppliers and rolling stock manufacturers.