Healthy Cultures Group
The Healthy Cultures Group supports the Rail Wellbeing Alliance in providing evidence-based good practice and guidance to the railway industry for health and wellbeing promotion. These are based on behavioural insights that ensure employees are equipped with the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to manage their health, and that the rail environment and culture supports workplace wellbeing.
The purpose of the Healthy Cultures Group is to:
- Develop lifestyle and environmental interventions that address long-term risks to the health and wellbeing of rail employees.
- Support the development of a wellbeing culture that focuses on preventative health and drives proactive, positive health behaviours at all levels.
- Drive the adoption of good practice in health promotion and healthy behaviours across the UK rail industry.
- Foster cross industry collaboration to ensure the best use of rail industry wellbeing resources and expertise.
Message from the chair
The Healthy Cultures Group has members representing these industry stakeholders:
- Passenger train operators
- Infrastructure managers and owners
- Infrastructure contractors and suppliers
- Trade unions