Sustainable Rail Leadership Group
The purpose of the Sustainable Rail Leadership Group (SRLG) is to enable the rail industry to efficiently and effectively deliver a more sustainable railway through adoption of the Rail Sustainable Rail Strategy.
The scope of the Sustainable Rail Leadership Group (SRLG) as defined in its terms of reference includes:
- Being the endorsing body for the Sustainable Rail Strategy.
- Identifying opportunities to effectively and efficiently improve sustainability at industry level
- Commissioning studies or research or use other methods to seek to remove barriers and take opportunities to improve industry sustainability
- Identifying solutions and making recommendations to relevant parties on implementation
- Validating proposed goals, metrics, targets and route maps for rail industry sustainability aspects, challenging to ensure these are appropriate and robust
- Identifying and sharing best practice for sustainability from within or outside GB rail.
Message from the chair
The SRLG has members representing these industry stakeholders:
- Passenger Railway Undertakings
- Suppliers and Infrastructure Contractors
- Freight Railway Undertakings/Rolling Stock Owners
- Network Rail and other Infrastructure Managers
- Department for Transport
- Transport Scotland
- Transport for Wales
- Office of Rail and Road
- Chair of the Working Groups (on a rotational basis).