Sustainable Rail Leadership Group
The purpose of the Sustainable Development Steering Group (SDSG) is to enable the rail industry to efficiently and effectively deliver a more sustainable railway through adoption of the Rail Sustainable Development Principles.
The scope of the Sustainable Development Steering Group (SDSG) as defined in its terms of reference is to:
- Provide leadership to the Rail Sustainable Development GroupProvide direction and support to theSustainable Rail ProgrammeTake decisions on matters of policy as required.
Message from the chair
The SDSG has members representing these industry stakeholders:
- Transport for London
- passenger train operators
- rolling stock owners and leasing companies
- freight and other non-passenger train operators
- infrastructure managers and owners
- suppliers and rolling stock manufacturers
- Department for Transport (observer)
- Office of Rail and Road (observer).