Changes to the Rule Book (December 2019)
New September updates will come into force on 7 December 2019.
The following modules and handbooks have been reissued:
- Handbook 7 - General duties of a controller of site safety (COSS)
- Handbook 9 - IWA or COSS setting up safe systems of work within possessions
- Handbook 11 - Duties of the person in charge of the possession (PICOP)
- Handbook 12 - Duties of the engineering supervisor (ES) or safe work leader (SWL) in a possession
- Module P2 - Working single and bi-directional lines by pilotman
- Module S7: Observing and obeying signalling indications. Train warning systems. Reporting signalling failures and irregularities
- Module TS11 - Failure of, or work on, signalling equipment - signallers' regulations
- Module TW1 - Preparation and movement of trains
- Module TW8 - Level crossings - drivers' instructions
If you undertake relevant tasks, make sure you are fully briefed ahead of 7 December. The changes that are coming into force are described in the Rule Book Briefing Leaflet, and Rule Book briefing slides.