A brief introduction to RSSB
What types of membership are available?
Some organisations, have license conditions that require RSSB membership. Others choose to become members or affiliates. What they all share is a desire to co-operate and contribute to making a better, safer railway.
Full membership is, for some, a condition of their licence to operate on the railway. Our full members are categorised by their primary areas of operation, which will be one of:
- Network Rail and other infrastructure managers and owners
- Train operating companies
- Freight operating companies and other non-passenger train operators
- Rolling stock owning and leasing companies (ROSCOs)
- Infrastructure contractors
- Suppliers and rolling stock manufacturers.
Organisations that don’t fall into one of these categories may join as an affiliate.
- UK and overseas railway companies and administrations
- UK and overseas agencies and bodies that support rail
- Any organisation seeking to formalise a mutually beneficial relationship with RSSB
Get more information
We provide support on the wider challenges facing the industry through our six strategic areas, these are:
- Safer rail...where risk is under control from track to train to platform.
- Healthier rail...where health and wellbeing count.
- Harmonised rail...where our industry evolves and improves as one.
- Efficient rail...where small details add up to big improvements.
- Innovative rail...where good ideas become great results.
- Sustainable rail...where the economy, society and environment all benefit.