Risk Management Capability Group
The Risk Management Capability Group (RMCG) is a senior strategic group that supports the delivery of key capability improvement objectives from Leading Health and Safety on Britain’s Railway (LHSBR). It does by facilitating and monitoring collaborative industry effort to improve management of health and safety risk and by advising RSSB on the products and services it offers to support this.
The scope of the Risk Management Capability Group (RMCG) is defined in its remit with responsibility for:
- Developing and monitoring progress against The Rail Industry's Data and Risk Strategy.
- Providing strategic advice to RSSB on its work programme to develop, maintain and support the use of products and services to enable its members to manage health and safety risk effectively and efficiently. These products and services include but are not limited to:
- Safety Management Intelligence System (SMIS)
- Close Call System (CCS)
- Safety Risk Model (SRM) and Risk Profiling Tool (RPT)
- Safety performance reporting including the Precursor Indicator Model (PIM)
- Industry guidance and training on health and safety management, including Taking Safe Decisions.
- Championing risk and evidence based health and safety management in GB rail, including use of relevant products and services.
Message from the chair
The group’s membership is made up of the following industry categories:
- passenger train operators
- freight and other non-passenger train operators
- infrastructure managers and owners
- infrastructure contractors
- suppliers and rolling stock manufacturers
- Department for Transport (observer).