European Engagement Forum
The Forum’s coverage includes sharing information on emerging domestic, European wide and International legislation, standards, associated tools and guidance and any processes that could have an impact on the operation of GB Railways including:
- EC Directives; both safety and interoperability
- EC Regulations; e.g. Common Safety Methods and Technical Specifications for Interoperability
- Common Safety Targets published by the European Union Agency for Rail
- UK Acts, Regulations, associated Approved Codes of Practice and Guidance
- Updates on developments from European governance groups and their potential impacts on industry; e.g. from The European Union Agency for Rail and the Railway Interoperability and Safety Committee
- Determining single GB view, where possible.
- Providing a forward view on key emerging issues that affect GB and protect the GB position on cost and complexity.
Message from the chair
The group’s membership is made up of the following industry categories:
- Rock Rail Holdings
- infrastructure managers and owners
- suppliers and rolling stock manufacturers
- Department for Transport (observer)
- Office of Rail and Road (observer).