SMIS Data Input Training
The training will ensure delegates learn best practice when creating reports to SMIS. By inputting a variety of example reports into the system, delegates will become familiar with all aspects of SMIS, and this will ensure they are comfortable to use the system back in their workplace. The course covers statutory reporting that is required by the Office of Rail Regulation (ORR), and the Railway Accident Investigation Branch (RAIB), and how to report incidents.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Create a SMIS event and input data accurately using a sample control log provided
- Undertake searches, manage tasks for your organization
- Create statutory reports to the ORR and/or RAIB using SMIS.
Who is the training suitable for?
SMIS Data Input training is suitable for anyone who is required to enter reports into SMIS.
A basic understanding of the types of safety related events that are required to be entered into SMIS would be ideal. Basic knowledge of the information detailed in the Railway Industry Standard RIS-8047-TOM, which provides guidance on the types of safety events that must be entered into SMIS and the timescales to be achieved.
- The SMIS menus
- Guided report creation
Creating Safety Reports
- Practical exercises creating and completing safety events
- Overview of the workflow and tasks available and how they work
2020 course dates
If you would like RSSB to deliver a bespoke training course at a location of choice, please email us with as much information as you can and we will contact you to discuss your exact requirements.