Taking Safe Decisions and CSMs
Planning or implementing operational or engineering changes to the railway? The Taking Safe Decisions Framework and Common Safety Methods will apply to what you are doing.
Taking Safe Decisions: the industry-agreed framework for safety decision making on our railways. How to account for safety and the principles to apply. Issue 3 published August 2019.<br />
[RM3 – OP, PI1, RCS3]
- Risk Control Priority workshops
- Taking Safe Decisions Analysis Tool: structured assistance when doing cost-benefit analysis, and helps ensure they are completed in a consistent way.
- Common Safety Method for Risk Assessment and Evaluation: Six CSM RA Rail Industry Guidance Notes (including GEGN8646) and CSM RA briefings are available, along with considerable CSM RA expertise within RSSB. [RM3 – PI1,RCS3]
- Cross-industry bowtie risk analysis
- Design targets for CSM RA - briefing notes
- CSM RA strategy consultancy
- Common Safety Method for Monitoring: guidance on how to complete the CSM M process, on our Management of Change web page. [RM3 -MRA4]