Managing health and safety is good for your business; doing so introduces opportunities that extend past reduction in costs, risks and fewer accidents it can improve an organisations standing with suppliers, investors, customers and communities and increase productivity because employees are healthier, happier and better motivated.
This new area brings together a range of good practice guidance for railway Leaders and managers with health & safety responsibilities. it is a window to a wide range of RSSB information and supporting products and services that leaders should be applying as part of their journey to improve capability and effectiveness in the management of health and safety:
- from the rail industry legislative framework and safety management systems
- to risk analysis, risk modelling, and the introduction and use of bowtie methodology
- through to monitoring of safety performance, change management and to those RSSB products and tools that support the effective application of the new ORR RM3 model 2019.
The content is drawn from the work RSSB produces, often with direct input and support from rail organisations drawn from across all rail industry sectors including the routes, and RSSB risk & capability groups via cross-industry LHSBR collaboration arrangements.
Currently consideration is being given to the development of a strategic Leaders and senior managers training course - Applying good practice in health & safety management:
- To help Leaders and senior managers understand how to better use RSSB products and services
- To promote the benefits of effective collaboration, shared learning and the application of good practice to reduce risk and improve effective health and safety performance