Workforce Health and Wellbeing
Tools and resources to help you manage the health and wellbeing of your staff.
Strategies and reports
Strategies that address priority risk mitigation issues. Reports that record the state of risk across the rail industry for those employed in it; on an annual, monthly or period basis.
- Leading Health and Safety on Britain’s Railway: Looks at 12 priority risk areas, a framework for the collaborative improvement of health and safety risk management.
- Leading Health and Safety on Britain's Railway - Quarterly Progress Reports: a summary of implementation actions in the LHSBR priority areas. [RM3 –OC2]
- Health and Wellbeing Assessment Tool: for line managers to help raise awareness of health and wellbeing assessment issues.
- Health and Wellbeing Champion Toolbox: guidance on establishing a wellbeing champion project.
- Health cost-benefit analysis support tool: for budget holders to help work out the costs of poor health issues and estimate the return on investment of a health intervention.
- Musculoskeletal Disorder Risk Assessment Tool: information, guidance and template to assess and manage MSD risk in train drivers.
- Fatigue Topic Area and Resources: to support our members in meeting obligations set out in ROGS and H&S legislation. Includes guidance, videos, presentations, templates and reports. For senior managers, line managers, planners and roster clerks, incident investigators, and any staff who want to learn about and manage their own fatigue. [RM3 – PI3]
- Fatigue Risk Management Forum: for those who have to manage fatigue risk, a cross-industry meeting to share experiences, discuss good practice and consider solutions. Held every few years, each forum focusses on some specific topics.
- Fatigue Risk Management Guidance RS504