Asset Integrity Group
The Asset Integrity Group (AIG) oversees the development of the infrastructure and rolling stock asset integrity areas of the industry’s safety strategy ‘Leading Health and Safety on Britain’s Railway’ (LHSBR).
AIG is the cross-industry group dedicated to leading collaborative activity on the topic of infrastructure and rolling stock asset integrity. It does this by:
- Setting strategy, standards, providing leadership and co-ordination
- Enabling consistent understanding of safety requirements
- Collaborating to learn about emergent hazards and risks
- Enabling consistent assurance for supply chain and contractors
- Evening out then enhancing safety assurance and competencies
- Responding to rail re-organisation (structures, devolution, nationalisation)
- Through data analysis, measuring what goes wrong, understanding why, and identifying corrective actions.
Message from the chair
The group’s membership is made up of the following industry categories:
- Infrastructure managers
- Non-passenger train operators
- Passenger train operators
- Rolling stock owners
Following its formation at the start of 2020, AIG will be increasing membership as it implements its workplan. This will include its subgroup High Integrity Systems Group.