Railway Industry Supplier Approval Scheme
RISAS is the Railway Industry Supplier Approval Scheme, which ensures key suppliers can become recognised as best-in-class at delivering on the most challenging and high-risk aspects of rail vehicle maintenance, repair and overhaul.
The scope of the Rail Industry Supplier Approval Scheme Committee (RISAS Committee) is defined in the scheme documentation - Committee Arrangements (RISAS/002) - and includes:
- Advice and guidance on Policy and strategy
- Communications and promotion.
- Advising on Scheme Operations, including performance measures
- Committee operating protocols
- Acting as Impartiality Committee for RISAS Accreditation Agency.
For more information about RISAS, please visit the RISAS section of the website.
Message from the chair
- passenger train operators
- rolling stock owners and leasing companies
- freight and other non-passenger train operators
- infrastructure managers and owners
- infrastructure contractors
- suppliers and rolling stock manufacturers.