Industry Standards Coordination Committee
The Industry Standards Coordination Committee (ISCC) is the senior stakeholder group dealing with issues relating to rail industry standards.
ISCC oversees the work of the Standards Committees. It provides direction, advice and guidance on:
- the management and effectiveness of standards for the mainline railway
- European standards issues relevant to the mainline railway
- strategic and legal issues relating to standards.
ISCC provides advice to the Department for Transport and the Office of Rail and Road on the role of the requirements in Railway Group Standards (RGS) as national technical rules or national safety rules, and the implications of these roles for the management of the mainline railway.
ISCC's activities are governed by the Railway Group Standards Code and the Standards Manual. Its full scope is set out in its remit.
Message from the chair
The members of ISCC represent the industry categories defined in RSSB's Constitution Agreement:
- passenger train operators
- rolling stock owners and leasing companies
- freight and other non-passenger train operators
- infrastructure managers and owners
- infrastructure contractors
- suppliers and rolling stock manufacturers
- Department for Transport (observer)
- Office of Rail and Road (observer).
ISCC has an independent chairman, appointed by the RSSB Board.