Control Command and Signalling Standards Committee
The scope of the Control Command and Signalling Standards Committee (CCS SC) is defined in its remit. The CCS subsystem covers signalling, train control, telecommunications, and positioning equipment.
The CCS SC deals with engineering interface issues between railway companies. This includes interfaces between trackside and train-borne sub-systems and between trackside equipment and railway undertaking operators. It excludes operational rules to operate equipment.
Message from the chair
The CCS SC has elected members representing the following industry stakeholders:
- passenger train operators
- rolling stock owners and leasing companies
- freight and other non-passenger train operators
- infrastructure managers and owners
- infrastructure contractors
- suppliers and rolling stock manufacturers
- Department for Transport (observer)
- Office of Rail and Road (observer).