Traffic Operation and Management Standards Committee
The scope of the Traffic Operation and Management Standards Committee (TOM SC) is defined in its remit. The committee’s coverage includes:
- Train operation
- Signalling and infrastructure operation
- Workforce safety
- Safety management systems
- Working instructions for people employed in a range of activities on the main line railway network (the Rule Book and other National Operations publications)
- Drugs and alcohol policies
- Working hours
Coverage excludes engineering requirements for rail vehicles; track, signalling and communications systems; and the maintenance and renewal of these systems.
The scope of the Traffic Operation and Management European Mirror Group is defined in its remit.
Message from the chair
The TOM SC has members representing these industry stakeholders:
- passenger train operators
- rolling stock owners and leasing companies
- freight and other non-passenger train operators
- infrastructure managers and owners
- infrastructure contractors
- suppliers and rolling stock manufacturers
- Department for Transport (observer)
- Office of Rail and Road (observer)
- Trades Unions (observers).