Data & Information System Interface Committee
The Data and Information System Interface Committee (DISIC) was established to provide a focus for the governance, management, and exploitation of data, information and knowledge in a safe, cost effective and efficient manner. In doing this, it will support the data-related aims of the Rail Sector Deal, the Joint Rail Data Action Plan, and the Rail Technical Strategy.
The scope of the DISIC is defined in its remit and comprises:
- Leadership in relevant areas of data governance required for the delivery of the Rail Technical Strategy (RTS), Joint Rail Data Action Plan (JRDAP) and Rail Sector Deal (RSD), including:
- the development of an appropriate Information Management Framework for use within the rail industry
- the development of a metadata structure suitable for the categorisation of datasets at a cross-industry level
- the identification and, where appropriate, recommendation of existing data standards and protocols for adoption by the rail industry
- the identification and, where appropriate, development of new data standards and protocols for adoption by the rail industry
- Provision of guidance and support to the delivery of relevant areas of the RTS, JRDAP and RSD, namely:
- the technical development of the Rail Data Marketplace
- the technical development of a multi-modal National Access Point
- the development of a methodology for valuing data and creating business cases for shareable data
- the development of the necessary industry skills and culture that will lead to a data-driven railway.
The DISIC currently has three task and finish subgroups to support the above scope:
Message from the chair
The group's membership is made up of the following industry categories:
- Met Office
- passenger train operators
- rolling stock owners and leasing companies
- freight and other non-passenger train operators
- infrastructure managers and owners
- suppliers and rolling stock manufacturers
- Department for Transport
- Office of Rail and Road.