Train Control Technical sub-group
The scope of the Body Train Control Technical Sub-group (TCTSG) is described in its remit.
The scope also includes the technical and operational aspects of train control and train protection systems, specifically but not limited to:
- ETCS/ERTMS issues requiring resolution as delegated by the V/TC&C SIC
- Issues to be dealt with delegated by the V/TC&C SIC or the ETCS project
- Other issues delegated by the V/TC&C SIC
The purpose of the TCTSG shall be to assist the railway industry, under the direction of V/TC&C SIC, to manage technical and operational aspects of train control, train protection systems, and system interfaces in a safe, cost-effective, and efficient way.
Message from the chair
The TCTSG has members representing these industry stakeholders:
- passenger train operators
- rolling stock owners and leasing companies
- freight and other non-passenger train operators
- infrastructure managers and owners
- suppliers and rolling stock manufacturers