Horizon Scanning, Covid-19 and Rail Biosafety
With a vaccination programme well under way, Claire Shooter talks about the support that has been delivered, and how to deal with the uncertainty of the future.
Topics in this episode include:
- Claire introduces herself and describes how she came to her role in the railway and how she is able to put her previous experience to good use. [0:46]
- Claire describes what Horizon Scanning means at RSSB and what the team does to support the industry. [1:44]
- Claire describes the uncertainties that Covid-19 still holds for the industry. How the rollout of the vaccination programme will create a transitional state of immunity and vulnerability across the population and how that will affect perceptions of risk among staff and passengers. [3:17]
- Claire talks about the impact of the changes in lockdown restrictions and what we need to do until we have a better understanding of the disease. [4:30]
- Claire talks about how horizon scanning helps us spot trends and what we can do with that information. [5:55]
- Claire talks about how the horizon has been drawn in to much shorter time lines and how the focus has changed to how to keep people safe in the short term as understanding advances and the vaccine rollout continues. [6:48]
- Claire talks about the support that horizon scanning has given to industry in the past year and how it will continue work in the coming months. [7:27]
- Claire talks about how to deal with uncertainty when trying to plan for the next three months. [8:09]
- Close. [10:53]
Resources mentioned in this episode:
RSSB podcasts cover a range of topics to keep you informed about things that will lead us all toward a better, safer railway. 'All our podcasts can be accessed from our podcast page.