System Safety Risk Group
SSRG promotes collaboration on safety issues aligned to the risk areas described in the industry’s safety strategy ‘Leading Health and Safety on Britain’s Railway’ (LHBSR).
SSRG is the top-level group advising RSSB on its work programme regarding safety data analysis and risk analysis. It does this by:
- Reviewing industry safety performance analysis and emerging safety issues.
- Supporting RSSB in identifying and implementing cross-industry safety initiatives.
- Sharing of learning and good practice.
- Advising RSSB on industry safety priorities.
- Supporting RSSB’S engagement and communication with other industry groups or parties with an interest in rail safety.
- Advising RSSB on the quality of work done regarding its published programme.
Message from the chair
The group’s membership is made up of the following industry categories:
- Infrastructure Safety Leadership Group
- Level Crossings Strategy Group
- People on Trains and Stations Risk Group
- Road Risk Group
- Suicide Prevention Duty Holder Group
- trade unions
- Train Accident Risk Group
- Trespass Risk Group
- passenger train operators
- freight and other non-passenger train operators
- infrastructure managers and owners
- Department for Transport (observer)
- Office of Rail and Road (observer).