Non-Technical Skills Awareness and Integration
NTS are skills that support technical tasks and improve safety by helping people anticipate, identify and mitigate errors. The course takes a proactive approach to NTS development and demonstrates how its integration into competence management systems, training and briefing programmes improves safety performance. Informed by our research projects, this three-day course will provide you with the information, tools and insight needed to do this in the most effective way.
Topics covered include:
- An understanding of non-technical skills
- Explaining why they are important and how they can be used
- Describing NTS categories and the skills required for each
- Describing how NTS fits the Action model and how this can be applied
- Understanding how to integrate NTS in competence management system
- Learning how to measure and provide feedback on NTS as part of a technical assessment
Attendees will also receive additional material to support their NTS development.
Who should attend?
Anyone who manages professionals in safety critical roles. For the rail industry, this includes drivers, signallers, control room operators, maintainers and dispatchers.
This course provides managers with the information, tools and insights required to support staff maintain and enhance these skills by objectively measuring the NTS they demonstrate.