About our Members and Affiliates
Affiliation is open to companies that do not meet the criteria for membership, but who want to benefit from some of the advantages of membership. These include access to additional research and development findings, and toolkits, good practice and guidance on a broad range of subjects. Affiliation is open to companies that do only a relatively small part of their total business with the railway, or that are based outside Great Britain. Affiliates can access more of the benefits of full membership at extra cost.
Full membership is, for some, a condition of their licence to operate on the railway. For others it provides access to information essential to their business in the rail sector. Our full members are categorised by our Board, by their primary areas of operation, which will be one of:
- passenger train operators
- freight and other non-passenger train operators
- infrastructure managers and owners
- rolling stock owning and leasing companies
- infrastructure contractors
- suppliers and rolling stock manufacturers.
You can see a list of all our members, including affiliates below.