Rule Book App
We aware of current issues with the latest android 10 release and are currently working to resolve this. If you are looking to onboard to the app and will be using android devices, please get in touch with us so that we can provide you with the latest information on this issue.
Only companies that have signed up to use the app are granted access. So, while you can download the app, if your organisation hasn’t signed up, you won’t be able to login and use it.
The Rule Book contains sets of clear instructions which rail staff must follow in certain safety critical scenarios in railway operation.
If you or your teams work on the track, on trains, on platforms, on railway work sites and possessions; or if you're a train driver, shunter or signaller, you'll use the Rule Book. Now there's an app that gives you access to the Rule Book 24/7, making it easier to consult on-the-go.
The app is available via the iOS App Store, Google Play as well as on internet browsers. You will only be able to login to the app if your company has an agreement in place.
Find out how your company can sign up to get the app. Setting up a licence agreement for the Rule Book App is easy. So, we can arrange access to the app for you and your colleagues.
The app is available on Android or iOS – ideal for smartphones and tablets - noting the Samsung S10 issues above. The desktop rule book app is also available through internet browsers such as Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Edge or Firefox if you’re using the Windows OS and need to access it from a laptop or desktop PC.
Rail staff can:
- access the Rule Book on their phones or tablets, even when offline
- search and navigate the whole Rule Book quickly and intuitively
- personalise their Rule Book, selecting only the parts that they need
- bookmark bits of the Rule Book as “favourites”
- add personal notes to capture their own thoughts
- Check what modules your staff have downloaded and viewed
- be notified of future amendments via the app, giving them immediate access and allowing them to acknowledge the updates.
Rail companies can:
- save money and paper
- maintain Rule Book access centrally using the admin control
- check who has acknowledged updates
- improve their briefing process.
If you're the lead decision maker in this area or have a say in the way your teams use the Rule Book, and you're interested in adopting the app, please get in touch with Phil Hibberd at RSSB: email@example.com.
If you’re not the lead decision maker, but think that the app could benefit you and others like you in your company, talk to your line manager or other colleagues involved in deciding how you get the Rule Book.