Situational Judgement Exercise (SJE), Multi-Modal Interview (MMI) and Written Communication Test (WCT) Training
The course is delivered through:
- Providing background information on the revised selection process and opportunities to raise questions in order to consolidate trainees’ understanding of the new methods.
- Going step-by-step through the administration and scoring of the methods.
- Providing trainees with opportunities to practice administration and scoring to enable them to become familiar with the methods and demonstrate a reliable standard.
The course will not cover:
- Non-RSSB driver selection methods (training in the other tests recommended in RIS-3751-TOM issue 2 should be arranged directly with the suppliers of those methods, if required)
- Basic interviewing skills, as the assumption is that all trainees will have some interviewing experience. However, trainees will be reminded of good practice throughout the course. If you are interested in attending the course but do not have interviewing experience, the trainer will make available a learning resource in advance of the course that should be used with more experienced colleagues from your company in advance of the course to cover the basics of interviewing.
Course dates for 2021
Session will be held at RSSB offices, London (unless specified otherwise in the joining instructions upon booking).
Competence in the administration of the SJE and WCT will be assessed by means of exercises during the course.
Competence in the administration and scoring of the MMI will be assessed during the course and at a one-day follow-up workshop. Please note that it is essential that trainees allow time to practice administration and scoring of at least three full MMIs in-between the course and the follow-up day.
Successful completion of the course exercises, and good performance at the one-day follow-up workshop, is required for certification in the use of these methods.
Each trainee will be given one attempt at passing the MMI assessment on the follow-up day. If needed and if time allows at the end of that day, the trainee will be provided with a second opportunity for assessment. If the trainee fails the follow-up day assessment, he / she will have one more opportunity to be re-assessed by sending a pre-recorded interview with interview notes. Any subsequent re-assessment would be charged at £200 (excl. VAT) per assessment.
The on-going validity of the certificate is dependent upon attendance at periodic refresher workshops. Trainees will be briefed on the competency commitment required during the training.
Prerequisite for attendance
To undertake this course delegates should either hold the British Psychological Society’s Test User: Ability, Occupational qualification in psychological testing, or can demonstrate that they are taking steps towards obtaining this qualification.
Sign up to our training newsletter
From time to time we would like to send you marketing about RSSB’s Training courses. If you’d like to receive our quarterly Training bulletin directly in your inbox, and be the first to know when new courses launch, sign-up here.