Whole System Interface Committee
The Whole System Interface Committee (WSIC) was established to provide oversight of Whole System issues across the railway. In doing this, it will act as the system authority specifically for CDP Whole System work packages delivered within KC12. WSIC takes a systems view across the various SICs and the Capability Delivery Plan activities.
The scope of the WSIC is defined in its remit and aims to:
- Lead the top down development and optimisation of the railway reference architecture that is needed for delivering the long term RTS vision
- Lead initiatives to align industry approaches to system modelling and decision making
- Seek solutions to interface issues and to develop these opportunities where appropriate
- Monitor, review and where necessary, support the bottom up development of the key capabilities to ensure they will work together, achieving interim states that are coherent and are on a trajectory that leads towards the long-term end state vision articulated in the RTS and model programme
- Advise upon delivery of the Whole System programme including validating project remits and providing review and sign-off of the outputs and providing support as needed advise on, and support the development of tools for Whole System optimisation
The WSIC is currently focussing on:
- Developing its programme of work for the remainder of CP5 and early part of CP6
- Development and use of an Enterprise Architect model to support the systems overview role.
Message from the chair
The group is made up of the following industry categories:
- passenger train operators
- rolling stock owners and leasing companies
- freight and other non-passenger train operators
- infrastructure managers and owners
- infrastructure contractors
- suppliers and rolling stock manufacturers
- Office of Rail and Road (observer).