Railway Industry Supplier Approval Scheme
The scope of the Rail Industry Supplier Approval Scheme Committee (RISAS Committee) is defined in the scheme documentation - Committee Arrangements (RISAS/002) - and includes:
- Advice and guidance on Policy and strategy
- Communications and promotion.
- Advising on Scheme Operations, including performance measures
- Committee operating protocols
- Acting as Impartiality Committee for RISAS Accreditation Agency.
For more information about RISAS, please visit the RISAS section of the website.
Message from the Chair
RISAS plays a critical role for the suppliers and buyers of after-market GB rolling stock safety critical products and services. Without the function that RISAS continues to deliver being in place, a key recommendation of the Cullen report of 2001 would remain unaddressed. RISAS is delivered for the wider community of relevant suppliers, buyers and duty holders by RSSB under cross industry governance supervised by RISAS Committee. Members actively welcome feedback from all stakeholders to enable them to propose, supervise and review both the existing delivery of and future planned improvements to RISAS.
- passenger train operators
- rolling stock owners and leasing companies
- freight and other non-passenger train operators
- infrastructure managers and owners
- infrastructure contractors
- suppliers and rolling stock manufacturers.
Acting Chair of committee: Paul McLaughlin, RSSB
RSSB main representative: Antony Howard
|Christopher Nickolls||Network Rail Infrastructure Limited||Infrastructure Manager||Member|
|David Clarke||Railway Industry Association (RIA)||RIA||Member|
|Kevin Limb||Eversholt Rail Limited||Rolling Stock Owner||Member|
|Leevan Finney||Network Rail Infrastructure Limited||Infrastructure Manager||Member|
|Michael Jacks||First Trenitalia West Coast Rail Ltd||Passenger Train Operating Company||Member|
|Nicola Phillips||Siemens PLC||Suppliers||Member|
|Paul McLaughlin||RSSB||RSSB||Acting Chair|
|Steve Ingleton||Unipart Rail Limited||Suppliers||Member|
|Tim Gabb||Freightliner Group Limited||ECM||Member|