Sustainable Rail Executive
SRE is the industry’s committee which:
- Drives forward the development of an ambitious, affordable and coherent sustainability strategy to make rail the leading mode of sustainable transport.
- Co-ordinates policy and industry responses to sustainability challenges, influencing governments to weigh investment choices in rail against sustainability outcomes in other modes.
- Collates and reports the combined efforts of the industry into a single, understandable view.
- Reviews industry’s progress and provides challenge where it is needed, holding duty holders to account.
- Assesses sustainability funding and identifies shortfalls, impressing upon funders the need for further support.
Message from the Chair
"I’m delighted to build on the work we’ve done with RSSB in the past, and take full advantage of the opportunity to collaborate and inform railway policy and planning in the years ahead. By working together as an industry, we can co-create a fresher and more ambitious Sustainable Rail Strategy. It can join together all the good work industry is doing, and pave the way for rail to maximise its potential, to play its part in the UK’s future transport system."
Sustainable Rail Leadership GroupThe purpose of the Sustainable Rail Leadership Group (SRLG) is to enable the rail industry to efficiently and effectively deliver a more sustainable railway through adoption of the Rail Sustainable Rail Strategy.
The SRE has members representing these industry stakeholders:
- Non Passenger Train Operators
- Passenger Train Operators
- Infrastructure Managers
- Department for Transport
- Office of Rail and Road
- Freight companies
- Rolling Stock Owners
Chair of committee: Malcolm Brown, Angel Trains Ltd
RSSB main representative: Michelle Papayannakos, RSSB
|Andrea Rossi||DB Cargo (UK) Limited||Non Passenger Train Operator||Member|
|Andrew Bagnall||Rail Delivery Group||Passenger Train Operating Company||Member|
|Bill Reeve||Transport Scotland||Government||Member|
|Catherine De Marco||Department For Transport||Government||Member|
|Clive Burrows||First Rail Holdings Limited||Passenger Train Operating Company||Member|
|Danny Fox||Transport For London (TFL)||Passenger Train Operating Company||Member|
|Darren Caplan||Railway Industry Association (RIA)||Suppliers||Member|
|Dyan Crowther||HS1 Limited||Infrastructure Manager||Member|
|Jan Chaudhry||Transport for Wales||Government||Member|
|Jo Lewington||Network Rail Infrastructure Limited||Infrastructure Manager||Alternate|
|John Larkinson||Office of Rail and Road||Regulator||Member|
|Karl Watts||Rail Operations (UK) Ltd||Non Passenger Train Operator||Member|
|Leyton Powell||Transport for Wales||Government||Member|
|Lilli Matson||Transport For London (TFL)||Passenger Train Operating Company||Member|
|Maggie Simpson||Rail Freight Group||Freight Company||Member|
|Malcolm Brown||Angel Trains Ltd||Rolling Stock Owner||Chair|
|Martin Frobisher||Network Rail Infrastructure Limited||Infrastructure Manager||Member|
|Matthew Golton||First TransPennine Express Limited||Passenger Train Operating Company||Member|
|Patrick Malone||Department For Transport||Government||Member|
|Peter Miller||High Speed Two (HS2) Limited||Infrastructure Manager||Member|
|Richard Allen||The Chiltern Railway Company Ltd||Passenger Train Operating Company||Member|
|Tim Burleigh||Eversholt Rail Limited||Rolling Stock Owner||Member|
|William Wilson||Siemens Mobility Limited||Suppliers||Member|