RIS-2780-RST Iss 1.1
Rail Vehicle Structures
This document sets out requirements and guidance for the design of rail vehicle structures.
A related document (SD001 issue two) contains all the coupling information previously found on the RSSB website.
Summary Of Changes
Amendments and clarifications:
- Amended throughout to refer to NTSNs instead of TSIs;
- Updated references to BS EN 15227:2020 (throughout);
- New clause 1.1.3 regarding NTSNs; subsequent clauses renumbered;
- New clauses G 5.13.6 and G 5.13.7 in response to the RAIB report for Neville Hill; subsequent clauses renumbered;
- Renumbered section 5.15 to remove clause number duplication;
- New subsection 5.15.1 General; subsection 5.15.1 Vibrations renumbered 5.15.2;
- New clause G 220.127.116.11 to emphasise need to secure body-mounted equipment;
- New clause G 18.104.22.168 regarding BS EN 61373;
- New clause G 5.16.13 referring to T923.
Optional reading and resources:
Read full standard
Rail Industry Standard
- Next Review: