Latest Updates to Standards
RIS-8046-TOM issue one has been updated and was published on 7 September 2019. This year we’ve incorporated key findings from Safety Critical Communications – The Manual, published as part of RSSB research project T1078.
The project also merged RIS-8046-TOM, issue one, with Guidance Note, GEGN8516, issue one and updated the resulting RIS-8046-TOM with rationale and other guidance where appropriate.
New updates to the Rule Book (19-902) were published on 7 September 2019, and come into force on 7 December 2019. These modules and handbooks will be reissued:
- Handbook 7 - General duties of a controller of site safety (COSS)
- Handbook 9 - IWA or COSS setting up safe systems of work within possessions
- Handbook 11 - Duties of the person in charge of the possession (PICOP)
- Handbook 12 - Duties of the engineering supervisor (ES) or safe work leader (SWL) in a possession
- Module P2 - Working single and bi-directional lines by pilotman
- Module S7 - Observing and obeying signalling indications. Train warning systems. Reporting signalling failures and irregularities
- Module TS11 - Failure of, or work on, signalling equipment - signallers' regulations
- Module TW1 - Preparation and movement of trains
- Module TW8 - Level crossings - drivers' instructions