The Vehicle/Structure System Interface Committee (V/S SIC) is hosting a seminar to discuss the gauging and loading issues facing the industry.
The V/S SIC was established to provide the focus for the interface between vehicles and the fixed infrastructure in the areas of physical clearance (gauging) and vehicle loading (route availability).
The Gauging and Loading Seminar will take place on Wednesday 4 November 2015, at RSSB’s offices. It will provide an opportunity for attendees to discuss the work of the V/S SIC, and the challenges that the industry is facing in these areas.
The agenda is now available. Key topics of the day will include:
- Development of gauges in Railway Group Standards and how to use them
- Gauges the V/S SIC are developing
- Explaining freight gauges
- Developments in infrastructure loading analysis
- Platform Train Interface (PTI) strategy
- Measuring the platform/train gap
There are still some places available if you wish to attend, although we recommend booking soon to avoid disappointment.