Road Risk Group
Road driving impacts on the widest range of those working in the rail industry from employees, contractors, suppliers, to Office of Rail and Road (ORR) inspectors and officers of the British Transport Police (BTP), and those conducting investigations.
The RRG has aligned its strategic objectives to those set out in the ‘Leading health & safety on Britain’s railway – a strategy for working together’.
The main areas of focus are:
- Railway employees, including ORR inspectors, BTP Officers and those conducting investigations, driving to and from their usual place of work to the railway environment.
- Contractors driving to and from the railway environment.
- Taxis services for railway employees at work.
- Bus replacement services and taxis for passengers.
Message from the chair
The group’s membership is made up of the following industry categories:
- trade unions
- passenger train operators
- freight and other non-passenger train operators
- infrastructure managers and owners
- Office of Rail and Road (observer).