Designing from scratch, modifying or extending? Our infrastructure knowledge can help you deliver effective and sustainable change. Ensuring that it is as safe as reasonably practicable and conforms, at least, to minimum legal requirements.
Railway Group Standards, Rail Industry Standards and Guidance Notes that cover subjects from platform design to the Control of Electromagnetic Fields at Work Regulations and Common Safety Methods. For full details search the Standards catalogue.
- Assessment of Crossing Alternatives Tool (AXIAT): could removing level crossings be a viable solution to reduce your risk exposure and remove operational constraints from your railway? AXIAT can help you check the viability of alternatives such as a bridge, underpass, or road closure. Please contact us for more information.
- Level Crossing Risk Management Toolkit: explores public behaviour at level crossings and how to mitigate associated risk.
- Level Crossing Digest, version 1
- Low Adhesion Braking Model (Labrador): computer simulation tool to model the behaviours and braking performance of trains in normal and low adhesion conditions, to help you improve service performance.
- Water-Induced Low Adhesion Creep Force Model (WILAC): predicts the effect of water in the wheel/rail contact patch, to help develop mitigation strategies.
- Remote Condition Monitoring Toolkit: Excel-based, high-level tool for evaluating industry business cases for adoption (or extending the use) of RCM technologies.
- Whole Life Rail Model: helps infrastructure managers understand whole-life costs, considering traffic types and site conditions.
- Vehicle-Track Interaction Strategic Model: supports optimisation of track and vehicle maintenance and renewal, to reduce overall costs.
- Obtuse Crossing Model: tool to manage data to assess risk associated with controlling wheelset passage through obtuse crossings; helps understand the interaction of forces. Please contact us for more information.