Whether you are designing from scratch, modifying or preparing for duty, our rolling stock knowledge can help you.
Railway Group Standards, Rail Industry Standards and Guidance Notes that cover subjects from rolling stock and component design to fire safety requirements and data collection systems. For full details search the Standards catalogue on our website.
Train safety systems
- Track Circuit Assistors - Risk Advisor Tool: The TCA risk advisor tool supports decisions to keep DMU trains in service, reducing disruption without compromising safety. It can also be used to justify not fitting a TCA, reducing costs.
- Train Protection Digest
- Red Aspect Approach to Signals tool: Do you want to reduce your SPAD risk or increase train performance? You can use big data to identify the signals most often approached at red, to assess and mitigate risk.
- Rolling Stock Whole Life Cost model: If you are involved in making rolling stock investment decisions then this model will help to structure and better understand rolling stock investment decisions. Please get in touch to find out more
- WIDEM Crack Growth Model: A tool and collection of data that can help improve axle inspection processes and reduce costs. Please get in touch to find out more
- 'Developing a product for the railway - A guide to the rolling stock environment' – a short guide aimed at innovators and developers when designing something that will be installed on a train, particularly those who may be unfamiliar with rolling stock - available to download below.
Train cab design
- Alarms and alerts: design guidance and an evaluation tool; for anyone concerned with the design of alarms and alerts. Please get in touch to find out more
Train maintenance and asset management
- Remote Condition Monitoring Toolkit: Excel-based high-level tool for evaluating industry business cases for adoption (or extending the use) of RCM technologies. Please get in touch to find out more
- Train Maintenance Toolkit: to help address human factors issues in a formal and systematic way. This toolkit only works in the Chrome browser.
- R2: The industry’s database for rolling stock registration, maintenance planning and component tracking.