The Forum exists to promote a wider understanding of fire-related risks and fire-prevention/mitigation technologies relating to or arising from rolling stock operation, principally but not exclusively, passenger rolling stock.
The Forum exists to ensure a common approach to issues between rolling stock designers, rolling stock operators, rolling stock owners and fire industry experts.
The Forum will aim to:
- Review rolling stock related fire statistics, trends and incidents
- Discuss, and where possible achieve stakeholder consensus, on technical developments that may affect risk from fire related hazards
- Encourage consideration of fire issues as part of a holistic approach to rail vehicle risks
- Consider research reports on rolling stock fire matters from UK or overseas
- Examine practice and experience from other railway organisations
- Propose, if appropriate, new research activities to improve understanding or management of fire risk, and review outputs of any research undertaken
- Ensure that rolling stock aspects are properly addressed by those dealing with Standards relating to system-wide fireworthiness, maintaining appropriate liaison with RSSB and BSI committees and mirror groups considering rail industry fire standards Promote awareness of fire risks, mitigations and technologies among the UK rolling stock community.
Message from the chair
A representative from each of the following organisations/sectors' then list:
- passenger train operators
- infrastructure managers and owners
- suppliers and rolling stock manufacturers