RSSB's new business plan helps members get past Covid-19 and shape rail’s future
After in depth consultation and feedback from its members, the 2021-22 plan sets out RSSB’s ideas for innovation, efficiency, sustainability, health and wellbeing, and safety.
Plans for 2021-22 include:
- Continuing to develop the Covid-19 transmission model and to assess the changes in risk as the vaccination rollout continues.
- Driving forward the Leading Health and Safety on Britain’s Railway strategy.
- Championing the need for improved accessibility and supporting the government’s ‘Restoring the Railway’ programme.
- Working to understand how we can make rail more affordable and reliable.
- Supporting knowledge sharing in the innovation arena and continuing to promote the benefits of the Rail Technical Strategy.
- Leading the development of GB rail’s first ever Sustainable Development Strategy.
Johnny Schute, Chief Operating Officer at RSSB said:
'The past year has been tremendously challenging for the rail industry on all fronts. We know that our members have had to face tough challenges. Staff across the industry have faced health and wellbeing issues as the impact of Covid-19 continues. We want our members to know that we are here for them.'
'Hopefully, we can see on the horizon, the return to some sort of normality, and opportunities for rail to contribute to rebuilding the UK economy. We will support our members to get back up and running. Through our business plans and key areas of work we will support our members in delivering a better, safer, post-pandemic railway.'
If you have any further questions about this release, call us on 020 3142 5332, or 07711 001907, or email email@example.com.